A lone little bird: a short poem
A Lone Little Bird
![]() |
| Image Credit: Generated using AI via Google Assistant |
A gloomy July evening,
Puffy cumulonimbus
Blanketed the sky,
Dreary, dull and humid,
Unbearable! Heat waves
Radiating from all around,
As I was waiting for the bus.
Again and again, I
Glanced at the watch,
Again and again, I
Checked the horizon,
No sign of the promised ride,
The queue got longer,
Like a giant centipede,
Still no bus on sight.
Scrolled the phone,
Multiple times,
Counted the passing,
Vehicles some time,
Sweltering weather was
Smothering me,
Suffocating me.
Stole a glance at the sky,
I heard a twitter,
A mild chitter-chatter,
A lonely little bird,
On the electric line,
Immersed in her tiny world.
Don't know the shade,
Of her plumage,
Don't know her species,
But seeing her,
Made me forget,
My rising uneasiness.
A serenade rejuvenated,
My dull senses,
Bringing memories of spring,
Amidst the somber, murky sky.
Flutter! she flew away,
Disappeared into the trees,
Not to be seen again.
A single drop of rain,
Kissed my face,
Putting an end to my miseries.
![]() |
| Image Credit: Generated using AI via Google Assistant |
←Previous page| Home |Next Page →




<3
ReplyDelete