The Solitary Traveler

 The Solitary Traveler

Hey! you lone traveler!
Where are you flying to,
Under a starless sky,
With a glimmering lantern?

Why are you alone?
Or are you looking for someone?
Oh! tiny wanderer of the dark!
Why do you dive into the pitch black night?

My eyes follow you,
From my bed, outside the window..
I wished for a starry sky,
Yet I am gifted with utter darkness...

Then I saw you,
Playing hide and seek in the shadows,
Fluttering round and round,
Shining like a distant star...

Image Credit: Generated using AI via Google Assistant 




I wrote this poem, under a torchlight on 11/06/2020...
Thank you, little firefly for illuminating my starless sky....
I sincerely wished at that time for this tiny fellow to find the one he wanted to meet and to end his lonely journey in a happy reunion.....


←Previous page| Home |Next Page →

Comments

Post a Comment